2009/09/16

Risk dispersion

According to "Omnivore's dilemma" written by Michael Pollan, 'there are some forty-five thousand items in the average American supermarket and more than a quarter of them now contain corn.'
It is said that you are what you eat, then, may be I am corn, at least somewhat % of my body is.
My current job is named as "marketing services" division, but actually related much more to QA and RA, I get used to check FDA website almost once or twice per week.
Once FDA enforcement report updated, e-mail notice comes to me. There are so many product names on the recall product list.
What I 'd like to check is only medical device section, but the list starts from "Food" section. Before I reach the med device, whether I like it or not, my eyes catch recalled food name.
Recently, I realize so many same food name repeatedly comes up on the list; like as peanut butter. Not only peanut butter, but also the food contains the peanut butter.
I don't like peanut butter, but if I like that recalled butter, it is awful.
I' m a kind of person who eats same food repeatedly once loves it. If I liked that peanut butter, now I would be dead due to eating so much contaminated butter.
I came to know, the risk dispersion of the food, sometimes fatal to our life itself.

*Today's jogging; 40min, 5km.