2009/10/03

Saturday

Fainally finished reading Ian McEwan's "Saturday"(in Japanese). At the same time, listening audio book of it in English -for this one, not yet finished. I got this book by chance drawn through the recommendation of famous Japanese writer and read McEwan for the first time. It seems I like this author, especially the detailed description during brain surgery. Actually I rather like the enthusiasm for the science related details of the novelist than the description itself.

McEwan (and Dawkins) talked about religion and agreed in the interview, religion robs people of the sense of wonder even when we hear something new about how the world is.
Ian McEwan Interview - Richard Dawkins

Is there any way God and the open mindness to the world as it is coexist?
As for now, I do not have any clear objection against their view, but I 'm afraid I would not deny the compatiblity between those two, leaving whether I belive God or not on side.